Fong Ilagan, LLP

Business Green Cards

What Are Green Card Visas?

There are many different types of visas available for workers, including the international executives, researchers, and Labor Certification (PERM) for professionals and skilled workers. However, the process of obtaining permanent residency and employment is often complicated, lengthy, and confusing, especially for people who are not familiar with it. Whether you are an executive or managerial employee of a multinational company, an outstanding researcher, or anything in between, we can assist you. Our firm genuinely cares about our clients, and we will do everything we can to help you get the visa you need.


In order to be eligible for business and employment in the U.S., you must meet the following criteria:

  • Have a qualifying immigration petition filed and approved for you
  • Possess an immigrant visa as soon as possible
  • Be admissible into the United States

If you are the beneficiary of a petition with an already available priority date, you can file and submit Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. If you are approved for Form I-765, you will be granted an EAD card. This is the card that grants you authorization to become employed in the United States while you await the arrival of your permanent resident card.

The fourteenth amendment states that all people born in the United States are citizens. Children of immigrants who are born in the country are currently residing under a work, educational, or temporary visa also qualify for citizenship.

Three conditions must be met to be classified as a skilled worker, which include:

  • Bachelor’s degree or higher
  • The position the application holds is complex or unique that it can only be done by a college graduate
  • The field the immigrant applied for typically requires a degree or an equivalent level of experience.

If you have any other questions, we’d be happy to address your concerns.