Fong Ilagan, LLP

Business Immigration Compliance

What is Business Immigration Compliance?

At Fong Ilagan, our business immigration attorneys work to ensure that our clients comply with all United States immigration regulations. We provide our clients with this guidance to ensure that they do not face the potential of limited rights and at most, possible deportation. There are plenty of laws that may apply to your situation, you may not be aware of them all, but with Fong Ilagan at your side, there’s no need to worry. We can help make sure that you are not in violation of any immigration law. From helping you avoid claims of discrimination to assisting you with making smart decisions about the future, we can do it all.


An American company or training program has to sponsor you. This means that they will submit a petition and application requesting to allow you permission into the United States to work and train with the employer.

  • If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must replace your green card if it is expired or will expire in the next six months, if it was lost or stolen, if your citizenship status has changed, if you have changed biographic information or if you never received the previous card issued.
  • You can stay and work in the United States for three years with an H1-B visa. In certain instances, you can be granted permission to stay for another three years. After six years, you will be obligated to leave unless you apply for another H1-B visa.